Donation to the library
The Library is pleased to accept donations with some conditions:
- Materials that are of good physical condition and support the current teaching and research programs of the university. A donation may not be accepted if the Librarian determines that it will not enhance the collection (i.e. the book may be out of date, the Library may already have a copy, or the book may not be appropriate to the collection emphasis).
- The library reserves the right to dispose of gifts not taken into the collection or to forward them to another library. Donations in all categories are at the discretion of the Librarian.
- For large volume of donation, donors are encouraged to prepare a title list to help the library check against duplicates and assess relevance. The list should include bibliographic details such as author, title, edition, publisher, and publication year.
- When appropriate, a bookplate will be affixed to each of the donated items as a token of appreciation. A digital bookplate that bear the name of the thoughtful donor permanently linked to print and electronic book titles in VinUniversity Libraries’ online catalogue are also available at higher levels of sponsorship.
- Gifts can be drop off at the at the Circulation Desk (1st F) or mail to: Library, VinUniversity, Vinhomes Ocean Park, Gia Lam, Hanoi.
- Acknowledgment of receipts might be provided at the request of the donor.