How to use
Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the University can access the university library using their current validated university/library cards.
Access to the 24/7 Learning Common after the Library closes is restricted to current VinUni students, faculty and staff only.
Staff from other Vingroup’s P&Ls or VinUni’s counterparts who wish to access library materials are welcome to apply for a library card by bringing to the library the application that includes:
- An application form
- ID card or passport
- An introduction letter from the Vingroup’s P&L or VinUni’s counterparts
- An annual cost of 1,000,000 VND/card/12 months
Card registration location: The Circulation desk on the first floor of the library.
Library patrons should notice that the library card is not transferable. Loss of a library card must be reported to the Library without delay to prevent other from using your account. Replacement card should be charged for the fee of 150,000 VND.
You can request books from the VinUni Library online library catalogue. Requests will take one to two business days. You will be notified by e-mail when your items are ready for pick up. Up-to-date status reports are also available in your library account.
You can borrow books from the VinUni Library circulation counter.
Two Self-check machines are also available for checking books out.
Books can be renewed online in my Library Account or at circulation counter.
Items will be held for two days.
Books can be returned at the circulation counter or return bin outside the library after hours.
Library materials in storage circulate only with the permission of the Director, Library and Learning Resources
Find a specific journal article, journal or book by citation information.
For best results, include a title, ISSN, ISBN, DOI or PMID.
The library has two multifunctional printers for students to print, scan, and make copies of documents. Please click here to read more about how to connect, print or scan materials.
Print 3D: Regulations and guidelines for use of 3D printer.
- Please registrar and schedule your 3D printer use with the library through our email: email@example.com
- Do not print large objects if it takes more than 8 hours
- Please do not let the printer run overnight
- Turn of the 3D printer, unplug the power cord and clean the print area before leaving the room
- When there is an unusual problem, please notify the library’s technical support immediately. Hotline: 0973714468
- Step 1: Prepare 3D printing files: popular formats include files ending in STL, OBJ, FBX,3Ds…
- Step 2: Set parameters for 3D files with Cura software, save files with the format “.gcode” file
- Step 3: Copy 3D files to USB (the USB must be formatted with FAT32 standard and should store only one 3D file while printing)
- Step 4: Plug USB into 3D printer
- Step 5: Select Home/Print from USB
- Step 6: Select the file to print. The 3D printer will automatically increase the temperature to the required level and start to print.
Facilities/ Room booking
Study rooms are available for graduate and undergraduate students, faculty and staff only. Use your University ID to book a room here.
Guidelines for use are as follows:
The rooms are for group use by VinUniversity students, faculty, and staff only.
Room booking is on a first come, first served basis.
Each group can book up to 2 hours per session, 2 sessions per day, 4 sessions per week, all rooms combined.
Reservations may be made on the same day or at most 1 week in advance.
If your group is more than 10 minutes late, your reservation will be cancelled, and another group can take the room for the rest of that booking.
Study rooms are for group study only. At least 2 people must be present during a session. If only one person is in the room for more than 10 minutes in the middle of a session, another group may take the room for the remaining time.
Off-Campus access/Electronic data use
Users accessing library databases off campus will be required to log in with their username and password.
The user data will be stored in our computer system and accessed by authorized staff only for the purposes of performing library work. The expired user record will be deleted periodically.
The personal data of users will be only provided to the VinUniversity for administrative and academic purposes. The data will not be disclosed to other parties except where required by law or to fulfill service requests.
If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or other mobile device; you have free, unlimited access to wireless Internet in the library.
To get connected:
Make sure your wi-fi-compatible device is on, and its wireless networking is enabled.
Choose “XXX” as your wireless network.
Read VinUni ‘s Internet Use Policy in your browser.
Click on the “I agree to follow VinUni Internet Use Policy” button.