VinUni Library will provide the following services to support researchers:
- Literature searches
- Citation searches
- Statistical data searches
- Assistance in grant proposal
Library resources are governed by both copyright laws and by licenses. The Intellectual Property Law of Vietnam governs the use of online and print resources. The Library will provide advice for faculty staff and students.
Exceptions are provisions in the law which allow protected works to be used without permission in certain circumstances. The fair use exception is of special interest to educational institutions. Please consult the Library for example of fair use.
Many OA resources use a creative commons license. Find out more about creative commons licensing at the following resources:
Suggest a resource
The library welcomes suggestions from students, faculty and staff for materials not already owned. Please fill out the suggest a resource form online. Please use library.vinuni.edu.vn as the recipient of resource request.
Reference Management Tools
- Purdue University’s OWL provides a citation generator to produce a citation of many styles and formats.
- Automatic works cited and bibliography formatting for MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian citation styles.
- EndNote allows you to collect, store and organize citations to journal articles, books, web sites and more. Endnotes automatically formats your papers and bibliographies to any style you specify (e.g. APA, MLA, CBE and more). Watch YouTube Video on how to use EndNote.
- Google scholar provides citations for articles from the search result list (currently MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard and etc.).
- This link provides access to video tutorials related to using the citation management tool Mendeley.
- This page discusses different citation management software, including Zotero, Mendeley, and EndNote. From Cornell University Library.
Research data management
- Harvard’s open online repository for sharing, preserving, citing, exploring and analyzing research data. Researcher can use it for data management use.
- Cloud-based tool for preparing data management plans (DMPs). Provided by the Digital Curation Centre (DCC).
- A great guide to calculate your academic footprint. From University of Waterloo
- Citation counts, journal impact factors, article downloads and h-index are some of the standard tools for measuring the impact of the research. From University of Windsor.
- ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.