New Databases/Journals in Summer 2022
VinUniversity Library is pleased to announce the acquisition of the following new databases/journals:
- World Scientific’s ebooks – ASIAN studies collection
World Scientific’s ebooks – ASIAN studies collection contains 161 electronic books published from 2019 – 2021 in the area of Asian Studies by World Scientific Publishing Company. World Scientific E-Books satisfy the demand for high quality and dynamic academic content on an electronic platform. The titles span across a wide variety of subjects. From Geopolitical challenges of Sri Lanka, up to Insights on Singapore’s economy.
- Annals of Internal Medicine
Publishing original articles, reviews, commentaries, clinical guidelines, editorials, letters, etc. relevant to internal medicine and related fields, Annals of Internal Medicine is the most cited general internal medicine journal. It is one of the most influential journals in the world with the latest impact factor in 2022 of 51.598. The Annals of Internal Medicine is indexed in both Scopus and Web of Science.
- British Medical Journal (BMJ)
The BMJ is a weekly peer-reviewed medical trade journal, published by the trade union the British Medical Association (BMA). The BMJ is defined by its mission: to work towards a healthier world for all. Such global endeavour with millions of readers working in clinical practice, research, education, government, and with patients and the public. Engaging in the industry for a history of nearly 180 years, BMJ’s print edition still thrives, and has been joined by podcast, video, tweet, app, website and live events. As each of these formats gains ground or declines in importance, The BMJ cares ensure to commit to partnering with patients and the public to ensure their best interests are served; and to being as transparent and accountable as possible.
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
JAMA, published continuously since 1883, is an international peer-reviewed general medical journal. JAMA is a member of the JAMA Network, a consortium of peer-reviewed, general medical and specialty publications. JAMA is the most widely circulated general medical journal in the world with over 44 million annual visits to the journal’s website. JAMA is published 48 times per year in print/online issues, and new articles are published every weekday online. Without any author fees, all research articles are made free access online 6 months after publication on the JAMA website, sustaining an Impact Factor of 157.3.
- COVID-19 Article Collection and Resources
A regularly updated collection of Annals of Internal Medicine of the ACP (The American College of Physicians) related to coronavirus is freely available. Upon keeping up to date with the latest information regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus and learning more through additional free resources, users can visit additional sources below:
- The ACP COVID-19 Resource Hub: Focused information for internists and access to the ACP Physician’s Guide to COVID-19.
- ACP/Annals of Internal Medicine COVID-19 Forums: Watch the ACP/Annals virtual forum events featuring key experts discussing topics related to COVID-19.
- ACP JournalWise: This literature alert service, free to ACP members, now includes COVID topic surveillance.
- DynaMed’s COVID-19 Topic Page: Also includes related summaries for treating special patient populations and more.
- COVID-19 Evidence Alerts from McMaster Plus: Summaries of the best new evidence for the care of people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
By Phạm Thùy Dung, August 12, 2022
VinUni Library supports and celebrates VinUni scholarship. We are proud to present a recent publicat [...]Read More
Springshare is planning necessary server maintenance for all products starting at 18:00 UTC on Tuesd [...]Read More